The Millisecond Team is excited to announce the release of the Inquisit 4 beta, now available for download. With this release comes big news - Inquisit now runs on the Mac!
There are a lot of other improvements in Inquisit 4, as well, including:
- Mac support!
- A new and improved editor, with support for opening multiple scripts and data files, tab UI, text colorization and a script navigation window
- A new data editor for viewing data files with grid UI, sorting, and filtering
- Ability to right-click elements in the script and run them in isolation
- Display a clock on the screen during long-running timed tasks
- Support for tasks involving drawing on the screen such as Trail Making Test
- Improved support for preserving relative size and scale across different screen resolutions
- Support for PNG images
- Improved support for administering tests in multiple languages
- Present HTML pages as another type of stimulus
- Dynamically create and modify the timing and content of stimulus sequences
- Record a single line of summary data for each participant (in addition to saving raw data)
- Full UNICODE support for improved support for Asian, Arabic, and Hebrew text
- Numerous script language improvements for simpler, more flexible, and more powerful scripts
The Inquisit 4 Desktop Beta is open to anyone to use and is free. The Inquisit 4 Web Beta is open to anyone holding a web license for Inquisit 2 or 3. To use Inquisit 4 web, simply select that option in the version list when you register a script.
Inquisit 4 is backward compatible with previous versions, so download it now, and let us know if you have any problems running your scripts. Your feedback will help ensure a high quality final release.
Please see our FAQ for more details.
02-21-2012 10:25 AM